Mechanosensitive channels: opening and closing
Notes and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Vasquez V, Sotomayor M, Cordero-Morales J, Schulten K, Perozo E. A structural mechanism for MscS gating in lipid bilayers. Science. 2008 Aug 29;321(5893):1210-4. PMID:18755978 doi:http://dx.doi.org/321/5893/1210
- ↑ Gandhi CS, Rees DC. Biochemistry. Opening the molecular floodgates. Science. 2008 Aug 29;321(5893):1166-7. PMID:18755963 doi:http://dx.doi.org/321/5893/1166
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 MscS: MechanoSensitive Channel of Small conductance.
- ↑ MscL: MechanoSensitive Channel of Large conductance.
- ↑ Anishkin A, Sukharev S. Water dynamics and dewetting transitions in the small mechanosensitive channel MscS. Biophys J. 2004 May;86(5):2883-95. PMID:15111405 doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3495(04)74340-4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The model with the lipid bilayer surfaces represented by pseudoatoms was generated by the server for Orientations of Proteins in Membranes, specifically OPM for 2oau. The resulting file uploaded to Proteopedia is Image:2oau opm.pdb.gz.
- ↑ Residues in the crystallized protein that lack coordinates are indicated by "---" in the SEQRES to coordinates alignment.
- ↑ Evolutionary conservation was calculated by ConSurfDB. See Conservation, Evolutionary.
- ↑ Scrolling to start animations seems to be required in Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 3 (on Windows XP SP3) and in Safari and Firefox 3 (on OS 10.5). This was observed when Proteopedia was using Jmol applet version 11.6.14.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Wang W, Black SS, Edwards MD, Miller S, Morrison EL, Bartlett W, Dong C, Naismith JH, Booth IR. The structure of an open form of an E. coli mechanosensitive channel at 3.45 A resolution. Science. 2008 Aug 29;321(5893):1179-83. PMID:18755969 doi:http://dx.doi.org/321/5893/1179
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 The morph of E. coli MscS was generated by the Yale Morph Server (beta.cgi) using 2oau and 2vv5. For animation in Jmol, all atoms except the alpha carbons were deleted to reduce the file size, leaving Image:2oau 2vv5 morph cao.pdb.gz. For the morph of the isolated channel, residues 113-281 were deleted from each of the seven chains, in the closed (2oau) and open (2vv5) models, before submitting them to Yale. The resulting file is Image:2oau 2vv5 27-112 morph.pdb.gz.
- ↑ Beckstein O, Sansom MS. The influence of geometry, surface character, and flexibility on the permeation of ions and water through biological pores. Phys Biol. 2004 Jun;1(1-2):42-52. PMID:16204821 doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1478-3967/1/1/005
- ↑ Alignments were done with DeepView's Magic Fit.
Proteopedia Page Contributors and Editors (what is this?)DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14576/346331.1802494 (?)
Citation: Martz E, Canner D, Harel M, Prilusky J, Berchansky A, 2013, "Mechanosensitive channels: opening and closing",