|1kik, 25 NMR models ()|
|Related:||1lck, 1h92, 1lcj, 1qpc|
SH3 Domain of Lymphocyte Specific Kinase (LCK)
BACKGROUND: Protein tyrosine kinases are involved in signal transduction pathways that regulate cell growth, differentiation, activation and transformation. Human lymphocyte specific kinase (Lck) is a 56 kDa protein involved in T-cell- and IL2-receptor signaling. Three-dimensional structures are known for SH3, SH2 and kinase domains of Lck as well as for other tyrosine kinases. No structure is known for the unique domain of any Src-type tyrosine kinase. RESULTS: Lck(1-120) comprising unique and SH3 domains was structurally investigated by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. We found the unique domain, in contrast to the SH3 part, to have basically no defined structural elements. The solution structure of the SH3 part could be determined with very high precision. It does not show significant differences to Lck SH3 in the absence of the unique domain. Minor differences were observed to the X-ray structure of Lck SH3. CONCLUSION: The unique domain of Lck does not contain any defined structure elements in the absence of ligands and membranes. Presence of the unique domain is not relevant to the three-dimensional structure of the Lck SH3 domain.
Structure determination of human Lck unique and SH3 domains by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy., Briese L, Willbold D, BMC Struct Biol. 2003 May 7;3:3. Epub 2003 May 7. PMID:12734017
From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
[LCK_HUMAN] Severe combined immunodeficiency due to LCK deficiency. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving LCK is found in leukemias. Translocation t(1;7)(p34;q34) with TCRB.
[LCK_HUMAN] Non-receptor tyrosine-protein kinase that plays an essential role in the selection and maturation of developing T-cells in the thymus and in the function of mature T-cells. Plays a key role in T-cell antigen receptor (TCR)-linked signal transduction pathways. Constitutively associated with the cytoplasmic portions of the CD4 and CD8 surface receptors. Association of the TCR with a peptide antigen-bound MHC complex facilitates the interaction of CD4 and CD8 with MHC class II and class I molecules, respectively, thereby recruiting the associated LCK protein to the vicinity of the TCR/CD3 complex. LCK then phosphorylates tyrosines residues within the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAM) of the cytoplasmic tails of the TCR-gamma chains and CD3 subunits, initiating the TCR/CD3 signaling pathway. Once stimulated, the TCR recruits the tyrosine kinase ZAP70, that becomes phosphorylated and activated by LCK. Following this, a large number of signaling molecules are recruited, ultimately leading to lymphokine production. LCK also contributes to signaling by other receptor molecules. Associates directly with the cytoplasmic tail of CD2, which leads to hyperphosphorylation and activation of LCK. Also plays a role in the IL2 receptor-linked signaling pathway that controls the T-cell proliferative response. Binding of IL2 to its receptor results in increased activity of LCK. Is expressed at all stages of thymocyte development and is required for the regulation of maturation events that are governed by both pre-TCR and mature alpha beta TCR. Phosphorylates other substrates including RUNX3, PTK2B/PYK2, the microtubule-associated protein MAPT, RHOH or TYROBP.
About this Structure
- Briese L, Willbold D. Structure determination of human Lck unique and SH3 domains by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. BMC Struct Biol. 2003 May 7;3:3. Epub 2003 May 7. PMID:12734017 doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1472-6807-3-3
- ↑ Gelkop S, Gish GD, Babichev Y, Pawson T, Isakov N. T cell activation-induced CrkII binding to the Zap70 protein tyrosine kinase is mediated by Lck-dependent phosphorylation of Zap70 tyrosine 315. J Immunol. 2005 Dec 15;175(12):8123-32. PMID:16339550
- ↑ Mason LH, Willette-Brown J, Taylor LS, McVicar DW. Regulation of Ly49D/DAP12 signal transduction by Src-family kinases and CD45. J Immunol. 2006 Jun 1;176(11):6615-23. PMID:16709819
- ↑ Goh YM, Cinghu S, Hong ET, Lee YS, Kim JH, Jang JW, Li YH, Chi XZ, Lee KS, Wee H, Ito Y, Oh BC, Bae SC. Src kinase phosphorylates RUNX3 at tyrosine residues and localizes the protein in the cytoplasm. J Biol Chem. 2010 Mar 26;285(13):10122-9. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M109.071381. Epub 2010, Jan 25. PMID:20100835 doi:10.1074/jbc.M109.071381
- ↑ Collins M, Tremblay M, Chapman N, Curtiss M, Rothman PB, Houtman JC. The T cell receptor-mediated phosphorylation of Pyk2 tyrosines 402 and 580 occurs via a distinct mechanism than other receptor systems. J Leukoc Biol. 2009 Dec 22. PMID:20028775 doi:jlb.0409227
- ↑ Wang H, Zeng X, Fan Z, Lim B. RhoH modulates pre-TCR and TCR signalling by regulating LCK. Cell Signal. 2011 Jan;23(1):249-58. doi: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2010.09.009. Epub 2010, Sep 16. PMID:20851766 doi:10.1016/j.cellsig.2010.09.009
- ↑ Scales TM, Derkinderen P, Leung KY, Byers HL, Ward MA, Price C, Bird IN, Perera T, Kellie S, Williamson R, Anderton BH, Reynolds CH. Tyrosine phosphorylation of tau by the SRC family kinases lck and fyn. Mol Neurodegener. 2011 Jan 26;6:12. doi: 10.1186/1750-1326-6-12. PMID:21269457 doi:10.1186/1750-1326-6-12